Pages

Pageviews last month

Welcome to my blog

you for visiting my blog.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Why Worry?

This morning before I got out of bed I asked God what I needed to do to improve my Etsy on line sales. Instead of hearing an answer I felt I needed to get out of bed and journal and read my bible.

I went to Matthew 12 and read the first few paragraphs.  The Pharisees were harassing Jesus because his disciples had picked some grain on the sabbath because they were hungry and were walking by a field.  Jesus asked the Pharisees what happened to King David when he ate the sacrid bread from the sanctuary when they were hungry, nothing. Jesus then asked  who is in charge of the sabbath, man or God.

So who is in charge of my life, man or God?

Unfortunately I have had many people in my past who have tried to control me and impose their will for my life onto me. This has lead me on a path of destruction, which I have been trying to shake for far too long.

How has this been destructive to me you wonder? Shouldn't we take good advice?  I once had a pastor who never gave us advice, no matter how much we needed it unless we asked for it and I liked that.

Most of my life I have been doing things because I feel I should do them and not doing them because I enjoy doing it.

To boost my Etsy sales I've been told to do certain things such as make sure I post items in the morning. So I'd get up and post first thing.  I have gotten exposure, but not sales.

For a year now I have been learning to play the drums and I am on a worship team at church. Due to the lesson I feel I need to squeeze in my practice and I have lost the joy of actually playing.

Making my pottery has become the same thing.  I feel I need to produce pottery and I do it when I don't feel like doing it, therefore I can't do as good of a job.

The only boss I have over me is God.  For years he has been telling my to enjoy my life.  When I listen to what others tell me I should do I loose that joy. 

I study other peoples' lives and learn from them.  As I was growing up my father would never tell me I had to do something.  He always asked if I would do it.  I knew I had to do it as he was my father, but I enjoyed doing what he asked, because he never demanded. He just turned 90 so maybe there is long givity in living like this. 

I admire the pastor at church who wants participation, but only if he asks and gives us a choice.  I am turned off by those who tell the congregation they 'have to' do something.   Those who tell people to do things are going against God's plan as he never once has told me to do anything.  He always asks as he has created me with a free will to say yes or no.

God has also given me a free will to lead my life with joy not stress, to do things because I want to do it, not because I feel I should do something.

'Wanting', to live my life, brings joy to my live.  'Having' to live my live and doing what I think I should do brings stress, worry and sadness and that is not God's plan for our lives.

In January 2012 God impressed upon me to simplify my life.  I feel He is continuing this line of thought by getting me to enjoy my life.  Last year I closed and opened many doors in my life to simplify. I can't wait to see how this will play out this year.



No comments: