Pages

Pageviews last month

Welcome to my blog

you for visiting my blog.

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Bluejay Platter

Day 21

I find it hard to believe that I have been writing about my thankfulness for 3 weeks, although I have missed a few days.  Normally life gets in the way and I forget that to continue.  They say it takes 20 days to make or break a habit.  So far this good habit has been going quite well.

Yesterday we had a hot humid day, ending with severe thunderstorm and lots of rain.  I lay in bed in the early this morning hoping and praying the rain would end before I had to set up for the market. It did.  I am very glad it stopped raining before the 100 K Huntsville Market started.  A few sprinkles came down during set up, not much.  This year despite the wet summer God has blessed us with good  weather on Saturdays. Thank you Lord.

The main customers, our cottagers, have headed back to Toronto, USA and elsewhere. For the first Saturday this summer I did not have any sales. I am thankful that I have I sold a few pieces of pottery every Saturday I have been there, except today.  I have also made money this year at the market.  Not only that, I have also made contacts and people are getting to know who I am.  My pottery, after 5 years of living here, is getting recognized.  Repeat customers are happening. 

I can only be thankful God has gifted me and also revealed this gift to me.  Years ago I thought I had no talent. Today someone thought my bluejay platter was a photograph glued to my platter with varnish over it.  I hand painted 3 coats of China paint, each coat being fired in the kiln. Most of my platters are in the kiln 5 times.  You can see this platter on my Etsy site. https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/117174579/blue-jay-serving-tray-pottery?ref=shop_home_active_1  Here is another one of my China paintings. A pumpkin tray for thanksgiving harvest.


One great thing about doing a weekly market is developing friendships with the other vendors.  This is the markets second year and my first year.  I was asked to go in it last year but I wasn't prepared.  I am glad I waited a year.

I am thankful that when I am tired we can go out to dinner.  Thankful for restaurants, waitresses and money to pay for it.  Several years ago money was tight.

No comments: