Pages

Pageviews last month

Welcome to my blog

you for visiting my blog.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Be Careful What You Think

When I moved to the Muskoka area I began selling my pottery in craft shows.  Sales were good, especially since I hardly sold anything in Sudbury. Then in June of 2013 sales went down and have stayed down, until this past weekend.

At times  I wondered why I was even making and selling pottery.  If  I didn't love it and know God had called me to this it wouldn't be worth it.

This fall I had lots of pottery left over, which meant I can make other things I've not had time to do.  So many ideas float around in my head. Therefore I wasn't discouraged to have left over pottery.

This weekend I decided not to fear accepting Visa and Master Card.  I accept this on my laptop and have had problems with it, just getting to know how the system works. Now I know how it works which has given me confidence to display my credit card sign, instead of hiding it.

I had a bad habit of judging how much money I would make in a weekend.  Of course I can't tell the future and I didn't make what I thought I would.  This summer I decided to stop doing this. 

When doing a show your sales should be 10 times what your pay for the show.  I came close once by making 9 times the fee.  Most times it is 2 to 5 times the fee.

This past weekend, in one of my regular shows, my sales were just over 10 times what my booth fee was. I even sold one of hand painted platters.


The bible says we reap what we sow.  Think positive and your life is positive.  Step by step I am doing this.

No comments: