Pages

Pageviews last month

Welcome to my blog

you for visiting my blog.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Jesus' Love Saves

I was reading Psalms 135 and 136 which is all about thanking our Lord.  Psalm 136 verses 1 and 2 are
Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His loving kindness is everlasting. Give thanks to the God of gods, for His loving kindness is everlasting. 
The entire chapter is give thanks for God for something, followed by For His loving kindness if everlasting.  His love never ends, for ever and ever.
As I read this I wondered why am I not always thankful.  I really have no reason to not be thankful but I am at times. I think that I am not thankful because I really don't grasp the power that Jesus has and that he died on the cross to save us all and that his love does endure forever.  
I wrote this poem some time ago about how we need to realize Jesus came to save us and we do need to keep our eyes on Him.
 Keep my eyes on Jesus
And he will fly me
 Above the storms that I endure
His strength is all I need

 Why do I not call upon
My savoir for every need
Am I too busy, too proud
 Too independent for his mercy

To know how I must
Rely on the one who saves
Who came to this earth
And develops my faith

 Why do I slap You in the face
And ignore You, Lord help me
Let me come to You
And climb upon your knee

 Let me know Your power
The one who feeds 5000
With 5 loaves and 2 fish
And walks on water like sand

 From Satan’s wicked grasp
From the enemy who steels
You came into my storm
You who rescued and healed

 The almighty one who has
Come to save and raise us all
From our sins and guilt
Nothings for You’s too small

 Saved from our past
And from ourselves
This savoir of ours
We do not deserve

 But with your nail scared hands
You did it all for love
Why? How could you?
Because you are love

We have just celebrated the death of Jesus on the cross and His resurrection, the purpose of why he came to this earth. 
http://www.etsy.com/listing/96094425/large-x-files-inspired-christian-t-shirt
 My pray is that we will not forget that Jesus came to save this world for He loves us so and that we will be thankful always. That we will allow God to raise us up out of our troubles to focus on Him and not ourselves. 

No comments: